What personal data do we collect from you?
Personal information that you provide voluntarily:
- Contact information:
- i.e. name, postal address, telephone number, mobile phone number, and email address;
- Details of how interested you are in making a purchase and when you are looking to buy;
- Details of the type of property that you are interested in purchasing, such as number of bedrooms, location, price range, other requirements;
- Details of your current property status, including whether it has been sold or if it is up for sale and whether you are in a chain or not;
- Details of your financial circumstances, such as whether you are a purchasing by way of a mortgage or other means and if you are planning to live in the property or purchasing it as an investment.
- Details of your marketing preferences and your consent to receive to receive marketing communications via Email, Telephone, Post or Text Message;
You are not obliged to divulge your personal information to us, however without this information, we will not be able to effectively communicate with you and/or take certain actions that you request, as we may not have the full information we require to do so.
We use session cookies on this website. Session cookies do not record any personal information. They are used to remember any preferences you set for the site while visiting it. Session cookies expire when you close your web browser.
When you first open this website, you may see a message advising you that we use session cookies, as outlined above. If you don’t want a session cookie to be set, you can disable cookies in your browser. Most browsers give you several options to do this.
Amherst Homes Ltd uses site-tracking software to monitor visitor traffic patterns and site usage. This software does not enable us to capture any personal information.
What are cookies?
The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
|Click here for an overview of privacy at Google
|Google Maps Embed
|GDSESS NID PREF
|Used for Google maps running on the contact page of this website.
Who sets the cookies?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access this website are set by Amherst Homes Ltd, our suppliers who partner with us to help deliver a high-quality website, and other third parties. Cookies may also be set by third parties who participate with us in affiliate marketing programmes. None of these third parties collect any personal data from which they would be able to identify individual customers.
How can I control what cookies are set?
By using this website, you consent to having the above cookies stored on your computer or device. Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Please note that if you choose to disable any or all the cookies set by this website, some website functionality will no longer be available to you.
Why do we need to use your Personal Data?
Sales communication: Responding to your direct enquiries and providing information to you on relevant properties.
- We will use the details of the type of property that you have shown interest in purchasing to inform you about properties that we believe may be suitable to you.
- We will use the data you provide to us about your current property and your funding arrangements to assess if possible that you can proceed with any purchase you want to make.
If we have gained your consent, we may send you information about new property developments and or services which may be of interest to you. We will ensure, to the best of our knowledge, only to send you information about properties, developments and offers that could be of interest to you.
You can unsubscribe and advise us to stop marketing our products to you at any time by replying to our emails with “Unsubscribe”.
We may also use your personal data:
- For general business administration
- To comply with our legal, contractual and regulatory obligations
- To comply with court orders and to exercise or defend legal rights
Who do we share your personal data with?
We may disclose your information to our third-party service providers: agents, subcontractors and other organisations for the purposes of providing services to us or directly to you on our behalf.
These include but are not limited to IT service providers, solicitors, auditors and any agents acting on your behalf.
When we use third party service providers, we keep control over and we will remain fully responsible for your personal data. Amherst Homes Ltd will use appropriate safeguards as required by applicable law to ensure the integrity and security of your personal data when engaging such service providers.
Safeguarding your personal information
We will use numerous measures to keep your personal information safe, including (but not conclusive):
- Our IT systems are protected by firewalls; regular software updates; anti-virus protections and
- Our secure servers, located in the UK, store your personal information
Whilst we try to ensure your information is as safeguarded as possible, we need you to be aware that the internet, in itself, is not entirely secure and for therefore we cannot guarantee the absolute security or integrity of any personal data shared from you or to you via the means of the internet.
Longevity: how long do we keep personal information for?
Your personal information will be deleted when it is no longer reasonably required for the relevant purposes it was initially volunteered. This will also be the case as and when we are not legally required or permissioned to continue keeping your data stored.
Amherst will keep your personal data where required for us to assert or defend legal claims until the end of the relevant retention period or until the claims in question have been settled.
The longevity we hold your personal data in our sales and marketing records is based on whether you have previously purchased a home from Amherst Homes Ltd before, or not, and when you last spoke with us.
In the case where you have not bought a property from us and we haven’t been in contact with you in 4 years then we will delete your information from our sales and marketing records.
In the case where you have bought a new home from Amherst Homes Ltd, your information will need to be kept for ongoing legal obligations.
Your rights regarding your personal information
You have the following rights regarding the personal information that we hold about you (Subject to certain legal conditions):
- The right to withdraw your consent to direct marketing;
- The right to transferring your personal information in a structured file (data portability).
- The right to erase certain information (“the right to be forgotten”);
- The right to rectify any mistakes in your information;
- The right to object to certain information
- The right to object to automated decisions being made based on your data;
- The right to request a copy of the data we hold regarding you;
- The right to request a restriction of the processing of your information;
To exercise any of the rights listed please contact us directly. We will ask for proof of identification to process your request.
Please be aware that not all these rights are absolute and at times we may not fully accommodate your request due to specific legalities e.g. asking to be removed from our system if you’ve entered a purchase contract with us.
By clicking on the submit or send button at the bottom of a submission form you consent to Amherst Homes Ltd processing your personal data in the manner outlined above.
How to contact us
If you want to contact us to know more about the use of your information, ask us to correct it, or to exercise any of your rights, please contact us by post. Postal Address: 1st Floor, Victoria House, 2 Church Street, Saffron Walden, Essex. CB10 1JW
If you wish to email us, please use firstname.lastname@example.org
We will send you a response within 30 days of your request.
Amherst Homes Ltd
Registered in England, company number 8312709
Registered office address: 10 Jesus Lane Cambridge CB10 1AY